Pages

▼

Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I Want the One I Can't Have" – 3:14

Taken with the built-in camera in my new Mac (Photo Booth)



I love my new Mac! Anyway, now I just have to buy my own DSLR and I'll be set. So far I've just been borrowing one from work or from the art department at school. I haven't really made up my mind yet on what I want. It's between the Nikon D90 or the Canon 40D (used). I made a list of pros and cons for both. Here it is:

Nikon D90

Cons:
Nikon lenses and accessories are more expensive
Nikon comes out with new replacement models every two seconds
Nikon focusing hasn't caught up to Canon
Unknown sensor manufacturer
Max shutter 1/4000 sec
4.5 fps

Pros:
HD movie capability
Low noise in high ISO settings
I'm already comfortable using Nikon's because that's what I use at work
Wight 703 g
12 megapixels

Canon 40D

Cons:
Older model
I'm not used to Canon menu's and such
Lens hoods not included with lenses (i hate that)
Weight 822 g
No movie capability
10 megapixels
More ISO noise than D90

Pros:
Canon builds all parts, even sensor
Lenses are cheaper
Fast focusing
Max shutter 1/8000 sec
6.5 fps
Sturdy magnesium-alloy frame

That's all I have so far. I still have until next semester to decide so I guess we'll see.

2 comments: