Pages

▼

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I Know Very Well How I Got My Name" -2:02

My mom tells me she fell in love with the name Allison after she overheard two of my cousins fighting over a girl named Allison in their class. Yup, that's how I got my name. Recently I have been thinking about how my name will change my identity so drastically if I take Jeff's last name. Allison Murdock. Totally not me. When I first expressed my distaste for his last name, Jeff was a little bummed. Now he is really starting to understand my point of view. It seems like an outdated tradition anyway, in my opinion. I'm not trying to diss anyone who has taken or will take their husbands last name. At all. It's just not for me. I'm glad Jeff is understanding and can see that.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously. That's True!!! [No Offense Jeff] But 'Allison Murdock' Sounds White....Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...stick with your name! Sorry Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with the peoples.. it's the name you've had your entire life..why switch it up now? I don't think I could imagine being called anything else either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was lovely thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete