My photo
Hi, my name is Allison. I’m a photographer based in Boise, ID. I specialize in interiors with an editorial flair. I received my Bachelor’s of Fine Arts from Boise State University. I believe my education is what sets me apart from your average person with a fancy camera. If anything, it shows you how damn dedicated I am to my craft. When I’m not shooting for clients, I work on my personal projects. Work from my ongoing photographic series, “Spaces of Cultural Comfort,” has been exhibited locally at the Boise Art Museum and three pieces have been acquired by the City of Boise to be included in the Boise Visual Chronicle, a permanent collection of artworks. When I’m not photographing, I like to go out thrifting. Please check out my Etsy store for badass vintage housewares and accessories. I’m a quiet person by nature but contrary to popular opinion, I’m not shy. I curse like a sailor around my friends + family and sometimes on this blog.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Featured: Let the Kids Dress Themselves Blog

I am happy to announce that the Let the Kids Dress Themselves blog has featured some of my portraits of Ray Ray (Annareigh). I have been following this blog for a while. It features photographers who take real portraits! None of that fake airbrushed looking crap. Anyway, please take some time to look through their blog and comment if you feel so inclined. I have been making it a point to submit my work to blogs so that I can get my work seen and spread the word that I'm here and looking for work. It would be so nice to be able to quit my job and dedicate my time to just photography (the act of taking photographs as opposed to selling it!)Thank you all for your support!

3 comments:

  1. nice! i'll have to post about this tomorrow! i love those pictures of annareigh! you are a real photographer! i read somewhere on a blog they posted a list of photoshop "mistakes" i laughed about the one about being plastic, you know where they edit the face so much it looks like plastic! lol! let me find the link! it takes brains to learn photography...and you have overachieved it! i need to learn and remember it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.iheartfaces.com/2012/04/photo-editing-mistakes-and-fixes/

    found it! plastic skin, freaky eyes...etc ha ha!

    i use actions...but that's about it, no extreme editing, i don't have time for that crap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete