My photo
Hi, my name is Allison. I’m a photographer based in Boise, ID. I specialize in interiors with an editorial flair. I received my Bachelor’s of Fine Arts from Boise State University. I believe my education is what sets me apart from your average person with a fancy camera. If anything, it shows you how damn dedicated I am to my craft. When I’m not shooting for clients, I work on my personal projects. Work from my ongoing photographic series, “Spaces of Cultural Comfort,” has been exhibited locally at the Boise Art Museum and three pieces have been acquired by the City of Boise to be included in the Boise Visual Chronicle, a permanent collection of artworks. When I’m not photographing, I like to go out thrifting. Please check out my Etsy store for badass vintage housewares and accessories. I’m a quiet person by nature but contrary to popular opinion, I’m not shy. I curse like a sailor around my friends + family and sometimes on this blog.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Reader Meet Author" – 3:39

While everyone was out drinking this Halloween, Jeff and I sat and enjoyed the witty and always funny readings by David Sedaris. He started the night out by saying, "what would we do without our lesbians?" or something to that effect. David Sedaris is one of my favorite authors. The first book of his that I read was Me Talk Pretty One Day and laughed my ass off. There is nothing like a book that can make you laugh so hard that people think you are crazy. We met him earlier this year when he was doing his book tour for When You Are Engulfed in Flames. The best part about it was that when he started signing books he specifically said that any grown MAN shorter than 5'5 could go to the front of the line. Jeff and I looked at each other like "Yes, being short is finally paying off." While he was signing our book he talked to us about school and what we were studying. He told us we were a cute couple, all the while he was drawing a picture of Abe Lincoln. Then he proceeded to tell us that the last thing Lincoln said before he died was "Diabetes is for lovers," and handed us the book. When we found out he was coming to the Morrison Center we were stoked, but when we found out that the cheapest tickets were going to be $55 we were bummed because we knew we couldn't justify paying over $100 to see him. It worked out in the end because we were able to get a student discount and ended up paying $20 per ticket. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment