Pages

▼

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bruneau Sand Dunes, Idaho

Back in March the Photographic Arts Collective took a group of visiting art students from Nagoya Zokei University, Japan on a field trip to photograph Bruneau Sand Dunes. It was awesome to hear them talk about it on the way back home. Some of them had never even seen the horizon in their lives! They were amazed by little things we rarely think about, like traditional mail boxes and the way businesses and homes proudly display the American flag. My favorite was when they oohed and aahed at all the cows. When we got there Ross let me snap a few shots with his 4x5 view camera. I have to say, I wish I had one of those puppies. The negative is huge and the image quality on those is superb. Anyway, If you have time, check out this rad video by Zach at the Arbiter of our field trip.









Thanks to Ross Knapper for these next three shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment